Top 10 Ubertor SEO Tips
What's the Value of Being the Top Google Search Result?
A website with the first position in Google results receives 33% of the search traffic for a keyword or phrase, compared with 18% for the second position, according to a recent report by Chitika Insights.Sites listed on the first Google search results page generate 91.5% of all traffic from an average search. When moving from page one to two, the traffic drops 95%—and 78% and 58% for the next two pages, respectively. Read more if you are interested.
So what are 10 things you can do on your Ubertor website to improve your search engine results?
1) Optimize your Page Titles...see below (The 64 character blue line in a Google search result)
Use the keywords that you want to be found for. Try and think like someone searching for a home or a Realtor.®
2) Optimize your Page Descriptions...see below (The two black lines in a Google search result)
Again use keywords and make it compelling. Add a call to action like "Call me if you are buying or selling a home on downtown Toronto....etc"
3) Optimize your listings (See our instructions by clicking here)
Always have a complete address, building name if applicable, area or community name.
Write custom 64 character listing title that will be displayed by Google.
Write custom 160 character listing description that will be displayed by Google.
4) Optimize your Blog post titles (Use keywords)
Whenever you add a listing and it is auto-blogged go immediately to the blog post and romance the title with keywords.
5) Optimize your content (Write about what you want to be found for)Search engines visit your website and index all of the words on it to determine if your website is the right one for a page 1 search result. Search engines do not infer, they are looking for words on your website that indicate what you do. For example on your home page you should conversationally list the areas you work in, the type of buyers and sellers you work with and that your are in fact a Realtor.
6) Submit your Sitemap to Google Webmasters
This is what you will see when you are almost finished on the Google Webmasters website.
7) Add Alt Tags to your photos
People do image searches all the time and it is the Alt tag that Search engines read to index an image.
8) Update your website frequently using the blog
This should have been the number one tip as there is nothing more important than a dynamic website with keywords added throughout. Check out the title of the blog post below and all of the keywords people use to search for a home.
My advice is if you learn about a new listing then blog about it and add the address.
9) Use H1 and H2 Headings at the top of every page
Search engines know that anything in a big, strong, bold font must be important so make sure every page of your website has a heading or title.
MLS SEARCH - Heading 1
MLS SEARCH - Heading 2
10) Make sure your page names (URLs) are descriptive
If you have a page featuring Saskatoon homes for sale then the page name should be www.mywebsite
I understand this is a lot of information, but even if you implemented one idea per week within 3 months your page rankings will soar or you can reach my team here.